SELECTED’17: The Book
"Selected Europe: The Book" is not a annual book, but a selection of artists and designers who set a European stage as a reference for visual inspiration. It proposes to broaden horizons, to explore what is happening in the Design universe, trying to make a referral review. It is a transversal view on its different disciplines: A space for uncertainty, a natural terrain of inspiration, and a space for the diversity of discourses, approaches and styles with which each artist or designer constructs his / her imaginary. The main criterion of selection of the participants.
In a way, "Selected Europe" is an itinerary thought, intentional and - at the same time - contingent on chance, and randomness. Then, "Selected Europe" is a search, a journey, a unique journey.
We are interested in the discourse of design that understands originality as value over equalizing, regulated, - useful and effective - but naturally distant from any sign of identity.
A unique piece, an idea that is reflected in the cover of this edition, also from its print: 999 different covers, with a mix of offset and letterpress systems, on special papers of different colors superimposed on silver inks (for the elegant ones) and gold (For those who want to draw the attention of the gods). Each numbered number on a type printer. From Selected Europe, we hope you will enjoy your own travel.
otzarreta.com Hernán Ordoñez
hernan.tv Guarro Casas
Look what we can do for you in offset and digital printing: Do not miss the opportunity to visit our Blog Since 1970 in Otzarreta we have created and designed with production in mind. This is our way of working, and it makes us different. Because for us creativity and production are not two isolated phases, they are a tandem. So we take advantage of the knowledge of our experts throughout the project. We like the challenges and we only do what we do very well: Branding, corporate identities, design, illustration, advertising photography, 3D photography, 360º virtual scenarios, offset printing, digital printing, packaging, web, special formats and finishes, augmented reality... For us a good idea and an impeccable execution have the maximum value. That's why we are Think & Make. We are very pleased to have participated in the elaboration of the latest books of Selected Europe.
We transform imagination into reality. Our papers are chosen by designers and luxury brands for the sensations they transmit, the intensity of their colors and the customization they can obtain in their projects. Quality, personalization, inspiration and experience are the words that define us. Our papers are made with long fiber, what gives them more strength and better printability. With more than 100 colors and 70 embosses we offer the widest personalization range available in the market. Whatever idea, look, texture or sensation you may imagine we can create it. For 319 years, the most important design players have trusted us: associations like BCD or ADCV, design schools like IED, Elisava or La Llotja, the greatest museums like MoMa; photographers like Piotr Zbierski, agencies like Paper Planes, Abraham & Rol, publishers like Planeta or Penguin, as well as luxury brands like Möet, Loewe, Valentino or Prada. Because we’re not just a paper mill, we are your partner in design.
Discover other editions
The Design Selection: Meet the Selected jury 2017
With a massive participation in the different disciplines of design, Selected'17 closed the call for entry last May. The jury was called in two venues, Istituto European Design of Barcelona and Bilbao Ekintza in the capital of the Basque Country. Composed of 27 professionals, directors of Universities and Schools of design, media creators. They will decide which works from all those presented are selected.
Institute of Design IED - Istituto Europeo di Design
The Istituto Europeo di Design is an international network with eleven seats established in Spain, Italy and Brazil, specialized in training, development and research on the disciplines of Design, Fashion, Visual Arts and Communication.
- Ana Belén Product Designer
- Elenio Eduardo Pico Illustrator
- Julia Pelletier Textil Designer. Serigraphy.
- Luciana Leveratto Designer & Master Director
- Patricia Reyes Make up Artist
- Diego Fernández Creative Director
- Hernán Ordoñez Book Manager & Master Director
- Andrea Marchesi IED SubDirector
- Jurgen Salenbacher MBA.Branding & Designer
- Daniel Dominguez Marketing Director
Bilbao Ekintza - Bilbao.eus
Bilbao Ekintza is a municipal entity that drives the generation of social and economic wealth for Bilbao, by positioning the city as an attractive destination for investment, setting up companies and business growth, along with enhancing job opportunities.
- Benicio Aguerrea Fuentes Industrial Designer
- Enola Morán Fernández Graphic Designer
- Angélica Barco Graphic Designer
- David Carrillo García (David Mubien) Branding & Art Director
- María Begoña Medel Bermejo University Teaching
- Gabriel Alonso Art Direcor
- Javier Muniozguren Industrial Designer
- Pablo Pagola Muteo Manager and Art Director
- José Manuel Chávez Muñoz Teaching & Graphic Designer Projects
- Leyre Cerezal Mezquita Graphic Designer
- Yara Ottero Echazarreta Graphic Designer Teacher
- Luis García Alamán Graphic Designer
- Verónica Grech Illustrator
- Mel Mardaraz Amarika Graphic Designer Teaching
- Samuel Magaña Aparicio Product and Graphic Designer
- Marcelo Leslabay Industrial Designer and Teacher
Thank you to all the organisations helping the Call for Entries 2017
- Bilbao Ekintza
- Design Week
- Istituto Europeo di Design
- C!Print Madrid
- Escuela Superior de Arte y Diseño de Soria
- Facultad de BBAA UPV/EHU. Sección Diseño
- Escuela Superior de Diseño de Aragón
- Escuela Superior de Ingeniería. UPV/EHU
- ESDIR. Escuela Superior de Diseño de la Rioja (Logroño)
- ESDA Zaragoza
- EASD Vitoria-Gasteiz. ADGE
- ESI. Escuela Superior de Diseño de Valladolid
- Guarro Casas
- Universidad de Deusto
- Azkuna Zentroa
- Ceade Sevilla
- CIFP Mendizabala
- Cosas Visuales
- Escuela de Arte Mateo Inurria
- EASD Alcoi
- EASD Antonio Faílde
- EASD Castelló
- EASD Corella
- EASD Illes Balearas
- EASD Valencia
- EASD Vic
- EASD Alicante
- EDIB Palma de Mallorca
- Emilio Campuzano
- ESCUELA ARTEDIEZ
- ESD Llotja
- ESD Murcia
- ESD Sabadell
- ESNE OVIEDO
- ESNE Madrid
Subscribe to our newsletter
You will receive information about the latest information of visual events, design trends and inspiration. Our newsletter is sent two or three times a month and we will not share your information with third parties.